Extended receipts

keith1

Here's something that bugs me. Well; a lot of things do.
How about extended receipts - from everywhere you go. Bank Machine receipts. I don't know what they say because I tear it off. Grocery store. When did you last go to a grocery store, hardware store that didn't offer you $1000.00 to fill out their survey. Who does this? I want to complete my purchase and get out of there.

I have used them. Especially at fast food restaurants. If the experience was as to be expected I don't do it. But if it was exceptionally good or poor I'll participate.

These extended receipts actually are a money-sucker at a lot of retail businesses.

The paper that is used in thermal printers is made with a dye that is also used as the imaging dye in "carbonless" papers.

The price of carbonless papers has risen fantastically in the past year, due mainly to the shortage of the imaging dye. The same is true of cash register rolls.

OK, the extended receipt will probably never put anyone out of business, but it might have an effect on the pay of the lowest paid member of the crew.

I don't have a problem with extended receipts. It's the "Please go online and fill out the survey" as they circle the bottom of the receipt. The keyword being, "survey'. OMG. I am so sick of surveys. Every damn vendor of mine, every damn company I call or help desk/support call wants me to fill out a damn survey. Most of them are just a couple of questions. And I understand the feedback is important. But those minutes add up. I don't have that kind of mine. So I instituted a rule- I don't do any surveys.

I don't have a problem with extended receipts. It's the "Please go online and fill out the survey" as they circle the bottom of the receipt. The keyword being, "survey'. OMG. I am so sick of surveys. Every damn vendor of mine, every damn company I call or help desk/support call wants me to fill out a damn survey. Most of them are just a couple of questions. And I understand the feedback is important. But those minutes add up. I don't have that kind of mine. So I instituted a rule- I don't do any surveys.

When people keep believing that "4 is the new 'average'," the quality of metricized feedback is minimal.

The measure of service success is simple: It's always about the two sincerely smiling people at the end of the transaction. If they both ain't smiling, you ain't succeeded.

I hate surveys, because corporations think anything below a perfect score is a failure. You can have a good experience and give the business and 8 or 9 out of 10 and now someone lost their bonus because the high ups think the grading scale is 1-9 = Fail.
I once got a Canon tech in trouble because I gave him a 7 out of 10 because I thought my tech was great, but the problem came back the next day. I've never taken a survey since then because they obviously don't want to hear honest feedback.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back