It seems unAmerican...

I think as far as the supreme court goes, a lifetime appointment is the only way to stop it from being political. I believe our founding fathers knew we would have a "political" government, and as a way to make sure laws were constitutionally interpreted, a lifetime appointment would ensure that they were free from the political system by not having to campaign, raise money, being bought by lobbyist, etc. Up until this last nomination, most justices were approved with support from both sides. This one turned political an nasty in a hurry like no one had ever seen before. I just hope the next nomination doesn't get this ugly.

@ D Ink Man - Just curious, have tariffs on Chinese goods affected US ink? If so, in what way? If not, do you expect them to at some point?

@ Gordo, US ink manufacturers are mostly supplied by raw materials made within the borders. Truthfully, I do not know if the tariffs even are effecting the one particular cheap material that are used; 'the pigment(s). That is cheap as compared to other regions. D

...that an individual could be installed in a government role for life
...that the sitting President - who may have a political agenda to do so - can constrain the specifics of FBI investigations

The U.S. has an extremely unique constitution, succinct and fairly short too.
For example:
The Constitution states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour." This means that the Justices hold office as long as they choose and can only be removed from office by impeachment. ~quoted from the SCOTUS website

And in this case, POTUS deflected to the Senators, and did what they requested.

Don't like it? Vote others into office. But plllllease, I ask of our elected officials, play by the rules.

Trump picked someone for the Supreme Court who believes in the imperial presidency. He picked a man who has been a partisan Republican hack since he graduated from law school. The zeal with which he attacked Bill Clinton during the Starr White Water investigation is well documented. But after that adventure, he now believes a President should be absolved of investigation while in office. The President who nominated Kavanaugh is under investigation. There's a lot of conflicts of interest.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back