Cannabis (aka wackee tabacee) is now legal across Canaduh

gordo

Legalization across the country happened today. How and where it’s retailed varies from province to province. If you want to see how it's marketed in BC go to their online order portal here: https://www.bccannabisstores.com/
You'll have to enter your birth date and I don't know if the site can be accessed from outside Canada.
It got me all nostalgic. Back in the 60s, during the Viet Nam war, folks would roll their joints in wrappers like the two vintage ones in the attached photos. I'm sure I kept these two (circa 1967), so that a future me could could study their print quality LOL. (Interestingly Noel Ward got a head start (cough cough) by titling his post on LabelExpo: "Feeling the Buzz at Labelexpo")

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	174.6 KB ID:	279652
Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	279653

Last edited:
I wonder if purchasing online will lead to any issues crossing the boarder. If they decide to investigate you a little and see you have purchased weed online will they permanently bar you from the country? I have heard that if you mention you even smoked a joint 20 years ago they will deny you getting a nexus pass.

I wonder if purchasing online will lead to any issues crossing the boarder. If they decide to investigate you a little and see you have purchased weed online will they permanently bar you from the country? I have heard that if you mention you even smoked a joint 20 years ago they will deny you getting a nexus pass.

It's an interesting example of the Federal government and the State government being out of sync. Cannabis for recreational use is legal in the Western States so citizens crossing the border both ways there are going from a legal area to another legal area so usage should be a non issue. But Federally - it's illegal. So you're in big trouble during your pass through the width - approximately 20' - of the border.

Absolutely they will stop you at the border. Here in Detroit (right across from Windsor) there have been several news stories reminding people that it's still illegal to bring it into the US. The drinking age in Canada is 19 so lots of teenagers from Detroit cross the border on the weekends to drink and party. Hopefully they get the message and don't get arrested by border patrol trying to bring something back they shouldn't!

I don't recall a question about drug use when I got my Nexus pass. =)

Just heard on National Public Radio that Canada is already running low on Cannabis after being legalized earlier this week!

I'm really trying to bet that nobody had calculated this effect before...

Last edited:
Just heard on National Public Radio that Canada is already running low on Cannabis after being legalized earlier this week!

Yes, the online store is basically out of stock. Luckily Cannabis grows like a weed :D

Just think. Our taxes will be lowered once the government starts hauling in all the taxes from cannabis. heh,heh,heh

You should really try the Marijuana based sheet-fed inks recently developed. They will run a little high on density values but do quite well with ink and water balance. In recent trials, the press personnel have found that working with them make them feel euphoric and oh...oh, the runnability is quite amazing. Yes, the pressman and helper were found running around their Komori in a haphazard manner, spooning ink, shuffling paper and excessively washing their blankets. The boss came in and asked them why their work production had increased so much. Unfortunately they had left the press area and were found in the lunch room voraciously gobbling all kinds of food. They went so far as to clean out all the vending machines with nary a crumb for the other employees. Go figure! Recommend trying them so you too can reach a higher ground in your workplace. You never will know until you try it.

Good Day, eh ? Now Bob and Doug McKenzie can REALLY light up while drinking some cold ones and eating back bacon and Peter's Donuts ! HaHaHa !

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back