Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get your industry information?

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your industry information?

If you're reading this, please take the little extra time to vote.

Where do you or your boss get your industry information? I.e. tech info, new products, reviews of solutions, etc.
    I'm hoping to get an international response not just the USA.
    Printed trade magazines? Which ones?
    42.11%
    Online trade news aggregators? e.g. WhatTheyThink.com etc.
    52.63%
    Trade forums? e.g. PrintPlanet etc.
    84.21%
    Pundits? e.g. Cary Sherburne, John Zarwan? etc.
    7.89%
    Vendor printed literature? e.g. white papers, testimonials, promotional? etc.
    28.95%
    Vendor websites?
    36.84%
    Other? Please specify.
    28.95%
    Last edited by gordo; 11-11-2018, 03:33 PM.

In New Zealand we have the New Zealand Printer and Inky Fingers trade magazines.
    Print Planet is a great source for research and real world usage information. I haven't used any other forums.

For me however YouTube seems be to be go to. There is generally one or two videos for most equipment.
    I especially like the ones which also do a shop tour. I'm obsessed with those thing.

In NZ the print industry is pretty tight so most weeks I'm catching up with a couple of business owners and can discuss anything.

Comment

Printed trade magazines:
      Print 21
      Australian Printer

Comment

Gentlemen,

A disappointing response to Gordo's request, but not surprised.

How many members are there of Print Planet Forum?

Regards, Alois

Comment

I use PrintWeek, both the printed and online version, as well as What They Think and a number of email lists as primary sources of information. It is curious that social media like Twitter and LinkedIn are not added separately to the list. Twitter is pretty handy to pick up the main headlines in any field.

Comment

i would say primarily its this board. every so often i will do a search for news in the printing industry and check a few websites. after that its probably visits by vendors. im not in a position where i need to stay on top of all the latests developments anymore. if i was that would alter my results.

Comment

I just voted in Gordo's poll.

What They Think ?/ Print Planet/ Color Printing Forum/ Press Releases/ Direct from Manufacturers/Printing Impressions/ Asking questions in the pressroom

Side note...it was pointed out the lack of input to this question. That also can apply to lack of replies to PM when members try to help others. A courteous reply back is just good manners.

Comment

Gentlemen,

For some reason nobody as mentioned "Gordo's Blog" which for the American readers of Print Planet Forum, also many Non- European followers is a primary source of

printing information.

Regards, Alois

Comment

Trade Magazines: Printing Impressions and Flexo. I dearly miss Graphic Arts Monthly.
                  Other: Peers and Friends in the industry.

Comment

Gentlemen and fellow Lithographers,

Yes, Graphic Arts Monthly, The Inland Printer and the American Lithographer, also European printing periodicals which I read at the UK Printing Technical school I attended during the

late 1950s early 1960s.

Regards, Alois

Comment

Other.. Please specify Linked in posts from trusted blogs such as Eddie Hagen, ABC etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alois Senefelder View Post
                        Gentlemen,

For some reason nobody as mentioned "Gordo's Blog" which for the American readers of Print Planet Forum, also many Non- European followers is a primary source of

printing information.

Regards, Alois
                        i looked at this as new developments in the print industry, basically news not technical troubleshooting information. if it is meant for the latter than gordos blog is definitely a must resource, the first book is also great for flexo, teamflexo is a good site too.

Comment

Print Planet exclusively.

Comment

To specify my "others" vote - TAGA and PIA

Comment

Yes, LinkedIn has a slew of quality info...though it has become more facebook-ish

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4519 users online. 106 members and 4413 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X