Where do you get your industry information?

Where do you get your industry information?

• Total voters

gordo

If you're reading this, please take the little extra time to vote.

Where do you or your boss get your industry information? I.e. tech info, new products, reviews of solutions, etc.
I'm hoping to get an international response not just the USA.

Last edited:
In New Zealand we have the New Zealand Printer and Inky Fingers trade magazines.
Print Planet is a great source for research and real world usage information. I haven't used any other forums.

For me however YouTube seems be to be go to. There is generally one or two videos for most equipment.
I especially like the ones which also do a shop tour. I'm obsessed with those thing.

In NZ the print industry is pretty tight so most weeks I'm catching up with a couple of business owners and can discuss anything.

Gentlemen,

A disappointing response to Gordo's request, but not surprised.

How many members are there of Print Planet Forum?

Regards, Alois

I use PrintWeek, both the printed and online version, as well as What They Think and a number of email lists as primary sources of information. It is curious that social media like Twitter and LinkedIn are not added separately to the list. Twitter is pretty handy to pick up the main headlines in any field.

i would say primarily its this board. every so often i will do a search for news in the printing industry and check a few websites. after that its probably visits by vendors. im not in a position where i need to stay on top of all the latests developments anymore. if i was that would alter my results.

I just voted in Gordo's poll.

What They Think ?/ Print Planet/ Color Printing Forum/ Press Releases/ Direct from Manufacturers/Printing Impressions/ Asking questions in the pressroom

Side note...it was pointed out the lack of input to this question. That also can apply to lack of replies to PM when members try to help others. A courteous reply back is just good manners.

Gentlemen,

For some reason nobody as mentioned "Gordo's Blog" which for the American readers of Print Planet Forum, also many Non- European followers is a primary source of

printing information.

Regards, Alois

Trade Magazines: Printing Impressions and Flexo. I dearly miss Graphic Arts Monthly.
Other: Peers and Friends in the industry.

Gentlemen and fellow Lithographers,

Yes, Graphic Arts Monthly, The Inland Printer and the American Lithographer, also European printing periodicals which I read at the UK Printing Technical school I attended during the

late 1950s early 1960s.

Regards, Alois

Gentlemen,

For some reason nobody as mentioned "Gordo's Blog" which for the American readers of Print Planet Forum, also many Non- European followers is a primary source of

printing information.

Regards, Alois

i looked at this as new developments in the print industry, basically news not technical troubleshooting information. if it is meant for the latter than gordos blog is definitely a must resource, the first book is also great for flexo, teamflexo is a good site too.

Yes, LinkedIn has a slew of quality info...though it has become more facebook-ish

One place that we go for our info that interestingly was not an option is trade shows i.e. drupa, dscoop, etc,

I use my sales team abroad in China as well as international connections abroad to keep a good touch on prices

My source of info over the past 10 years has been from Colorprintingforum.com, Printplanet.com, Printweek Magazine, Heidelberg News Magazine, Gordon's Printguide Blogspot and blog.drupa.com

Also some manufacturers websites .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back