Everything I used to Complain about....

kdw75

Now I do it. The older I get the more I find myself doing all the things I complained about my elders doing. I used to think my dad was crazy because he would complain about machines that didn't have power buttons that would cut the power. Instead, when you pushed the power button on some devices it would simply "request" that the machine to shut down. Dad's solution was the power cord. lol

Today I had to laugh because I ran one copy on 20# bond to our digital press and it took the machine almost a full minute to go back to idle and realize that it was done with the job after the sheet had been printed. Then I sent another job by mistake and it was on expensive stock we ordered in that I didn't want to waste, since we didn't have much extra, and after pounding the cancel key did nothing I lurched for the power switch, which worked! It made me realize how satisfying it is to have control over the equipment. When I push on or off, by god I want it to turn on or off.

I am turning into my dad more and more each day.

I still can't figure out why some devices have a little red light shining to indicate when it's powered on while others turn the light off to indicate that it's powered on.

Just getting older means I'm turning into my dad more and more each day. Nature can be very cruel.

I just bought a new car. I swear some of the technology is there because they can - not because it's useful.

Don’t get me started on new cars, or new anything really. Someone showed me all the techie features of their new car and all I kept saying was nice, but just another expensive thing to replace when it fails. I need less on things today so I don’t need to replace stuff all the time, but more high tech gadgets

Get off my lawn!

gran-torino.jpg

Attachments

• gran-torino.jpg
    gran-torino.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 234
Trouble is, when something is "new and improved" with a bunch of expensive features you don't need or maybe don't want, you can't usually go back to old and reliable. It's not always a matter of attitude.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back