The most painful website for me to view

gordo

I can only look at a few of the images before closing the website. It's too emotionally draining for me.

The site demonstrates the latest in AI tech - creating portrait photos, on the fly, of people who have never existed. I don't know why, but the images of babies and young children are especially poignant - even heartbreaking. Every page refresh generates a new non-existing person's portrait.

https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Why is it painful to you?

I'm not sure. It's an emotional response. When I look at a person's face I tend to see a reflection of the person (eyes are the window on the soul sort of thing). Here the people appear real, and so I guess I look at their faces as if they were real. I look at the faces of the babies and children and it's like looking at anyone's kids. Full of hope and promise. But these people were never, and never will, be real. It freaks me out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	download (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	186.3 KB ID:	282919

It also reminds me of the photos that were put up after 9/11 by families hoping to find their loved ones, and the portraits of the "disappeared" put out by families who were the victims of repressive regimes.

Last edited:
Ok Gordo I get your point. But just like Digital replaced Offset which freaked me out, AI is the next step......embrace it buy a domain AI PrintPlanet get on the ground floor

Maybe it's because I know they are not real, but looks creepy to me. Can actually see what appears to be flaws as if someone was not so good at Photoshop. And the eyes don't quite work in most of the pics. At least for now, AI ain't real enough....but scarily good enough!
I can definitely wait for the nightly news to look something like "The Running Man" movie. Makes me shudder to think about it.

On a more positive note; Kentucky has banned child like sex dolls. That's pretty progressive for Kentucky! Or maybe it's that it's taking business away . . .sorry, I digress. :eek:

If I glanced at any of those pictures, I would never even suspect they might be fake.

Maybe the eerie portion is that "This person has never existed" maybe feels like "this person existed but is gone" because how can the mind see something that looks so real and believe it never was?

On a more positive note; Kentucky has banned child like sex dolls. That's pretty progressive for Kentucky! Or maybe it's that it's taking business away . . .sorry, I digress. :eek:

But the local high school just had several admin and coaches busted for electronic images of students. Sickening. Yes, I'm in KY

Well, I'm gonna go all political here at a risk to my account (lol) and say these people might have existed if it weren't for our outrageous abortion laws. Each child aborted could have easily been one of those people on your screen when you think about it. So next time you click the link, think this person was suppose to be born, but someone decided they they should never be born. It infuriates me and also makes me want to just cry.

If I glanced at any of those pictures, I would never even suspect they might be fake.

Maybe the eerie portion is that "This person has never existed" maybe feels like "this person existed but is gone" because how can the mind see something that looks so real and believe it never was?

This is simply a consequence of technology advancing. Nvidia released a thing about a year ago that probably generated the content on this site. Either way, yes it is unnerving but this is just the beginning.

Pretty sure there was a rally that Hillary Clinton never actually attended and they used supercomputers to impose her face onto a dummy inside of a staged warehouse with a hundred or so paid attendees. If you think I'm crazy then you certainly don't understand the small amount of dollars that would take compared to their elaborate schemes put on by both the Republicans and Democrats to sling mud at each other. It's almost been proven that Hillary did not attend that rally for what it is worth. This is the same technology at work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back