how to design a logo in word

It's always rewarding to watch a true professional plying their craft using the proper tools for the purpose for which they were intended.
The expert's first name is "Kshitij" wherein, by a twist of serendipity, lies the descriptor of his skills.

Last edited:
There is actually an application for creating logos in MS Word. It was $19.99 USD but is now a free giveaway!

Some highlights:

"Why pick Microsoft Word to design a logo?
  • It is commonplace and easier to learn
  • It had multifaceted tools that work with both text and images
  • Allows you to use the document page as a canvas
  • Can merge and combine everything into one image
  • Documents can reuse the logo directly in a page or letterhead"
You can download it from here: https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-how-to-make-a-logo-easily-with-microsoft-word-100-discount

I have seen a decent job in Powerpoint. The trick is getting a good PDF from it. You must print to a PDF, not export. Then select the slide layout drop down just below the Slides box and at the bottom select High Quality. You will get a nice sharp PDF (if the source materials are good) unlike the export which is rough no matter what the source is.

As far as I know you will always be stuck with RGB or CMYK logos coming out of any Office app. So yes you could do a logo there if you are not going to need a specific pantone or spot colour. Not something I would recommend but do understand some people are on a budget and paying a designer to make them a logo is not always affordable at first.

There is a site that you can give the specs and an idea of what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Designers can then pick and choose who they want to design for if they think the price is worth their time. Had a few customers go this route, I gate them the specs they should be asking for ie 1 colour, 2 colour and CMYK version. In the end they got what they liked, files were perfect and everyone was happy. Think they only paid about $150 for the logo. Wish I could remember the name, been a few years.

There is a site that you can give the specs and an idea of what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Designers can then pick and choose who they want to design for if they think the price is worth their time. Had a few customers go this route, I gate them the specs they should be asking for ie 1 colour, 2 colour and CMYK version. In the end they got what they liked, files were perfect and everyone was happy. Think they only paid about $150 for the logo. Wish I could remember the name, been a few years.

Possibly these guys: https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/creative-logo-design

As far as I know you will always be stuck with RGB or CMYK logos coming out of any Office app. So yes you could do a logo there if you are not going to need a specific pantone or spot colour. Not something I would recommend but do understand some people are on a budget and paying a designer to make them a logo is not always affordable at first.

Freelancer.com was one of the original sites for competitive bidding. Since then others have popped up that specialize in logos and graphic design. Designcrowd.com, crowdspring.com etc.

The title stands for itself. You can create a logo in Word. On a graphic designer's standpoint it will waste time and limit creativity.

The title stands for itself. You can create a logo in Word. On a graphic designer's standpoint it will waste time and limit creativity.

And you can use a hammer to drive a screw into wood. It doesn't mean it's the right tool for the job or that you should it that way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back