Anyone Care to Quote this???

kdw75

We are bidding on a job that we lost a while back. Apparently the new place gives them terrible service, but was cheaper, so they lived with it. I am wondering how my pricing compares to others and would appreciate your sharing.

Specs:
10,000 4/4 9"x18" 3-panel self mailers with variable data on both sides of two of the panels and the VD is full color. Paper is 80# Gloss Cover and it has to be produced and mailed within 5 days. I will share my price, but don't want to yet as it may taint the well. ;)

My company would quote $1 to $1.50 per piece.

Thank you. We quoted 30 cents each and I feel like it's hardly worth doing. The funny thing is that the other place they went to was apparently charging .34 cents each if you can believe the client.

i guess 30 to 40 cents is a nice price, if the service is good as I recently got my work done at AxiomPrint at 35cents and the service was good and i m satisfied from there work.

Thank you. We quoted 30 cents each and I feel like it's hardly worth doing. The funny thing is that the other place they went to was apparently charging .34 cents each if you can believe the client.

You are correct, sir!

At $0.30 it is definitely NOT worth doing.

By my calculations, you've got $0.29/each in dead cost (prepress setup, paper cost, click cost, laser run charge, and cut/trim/fold to 6 x 9).

You don't say if it's being mailed or not, so, this does not include any data processing (sorts, tray tags, paperwork, etc.), although, you do say everything is variable data, so, there must be some type of data work being done to set up the variables. The data work (if any) is not included in this price.

Add 30% markup over cost, and you get $.377. I would price this out at about $0.38/each

Last edited:
You are correct, sir!

At $0.30 it is definitely NOT worth doing.

By my calculations, you've got $0.29/each in dead cost (prepress setup, paper cost, click cost, laser run charge, and cut/trim/fold to 6 x 9).

You don't say if it's being mailed or not, so, this does not include any data processing (sorts, tray tags, paperwork, etc.), although, you do say everything is variable data, so, there must be some type of data work being done to set up the variables. The data work (if any) is not included in this price.

Add 30% markup over cost, and you get $.377. I would price this out at about $0.38/each

Bulk mailed and about an hours worth of variable data setup work. If there was a possible way to run it offset and imprint the VD I might understand it, but the VD is color on every panel except 2.

Bulk mailed and about an hours worth of variable data setup work. If there was a possible way to run it offset and imprint the VD I might understand it, but the VD is color on every panel except 2.

In that case, this piece would have to be tabbed (wafer-sealed) or fugitive-glued in order to be mailed, so, I would need to add another $0.03 to cover the data work, tabbing or glue run, tray, and trucking to the USPS BMEU. That would bring it to $0.41/each.

Nothing like actually paying a client to do their mail for them.......... :) lol

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back