Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest Rock Album of All Times

> {quote:title=almaink wrote:}{quote}
    > Please what? I call 'um as I see 'um. Not name calling to speak the truth. Seems to me the Mods here live in a dream world. Deleting post willy-nilly for no apparent reason, funny how my nazi comment is still up tho, or was last time I looked. Guess because it doesn't have a banned persons name in it or a link to another forum it's OK.

good lord, give it a rest. we all get it. you dont like it here, and you dont agree with anything any of the mods have said or done. point taken. lets talk rock and roll albums.

Van Halen's self-titled debut is one of my favorite rock albums. no synthesisers or sammy hagar on that one. just good old fashioned rock and roll.

cr

Comment

agree Chris!!

Eddy Van Halen took me some time to "get", but he truly IS the rock guitarist guitar player.

Comment

id like to see the upcoming van halen/david lee roth reunion tour, but im afraid to ask how much those tickets will be. i might splurge though. as much as i like van halen, i never saw them perform with DLR.

cr

Comment

I was more than willing to give it a rest, Don is the one who started it back up. This place while dry is still a great resource for prepress issues. As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed. I saw Van Halen while I was stationed in Germany. Nothing like an american concert. No standing and they had old men in uniforms walking around with cans acting as human ashtray for smokers. BTW Van Halen kicked ass!
          Black Sabbath was the main act and Ozzy seemed to be coherent for a change and put on a great show as well.

Comment

ive seen david lee roth without van halen, and that to me was better than van halen without DLR. plus, DLR played much smaller venues, so you were right on top of the action. ive never been to a concert where everyone sat down...thats hard to imagine! whever i leave a concert, i usually FEEL and SMELL like an ashtray!

cr

Comment

hmmm this sounds like some thinly veiled Sammy bashing.

Standing Hampton, Three lock box, I never said goodbye.

Not to mention Montrose, HSAS and his time with VanHalen.

All hail the RedRocker!

p.s. DLR is bald heh heh

Comment

sammy and dave both look like 25 miles of bad road, not to mention the van halen brothers. i actually dont have any issue with sammy hagar, i just like the raw sound of early van halen a little better. i do like the "for unlawful carnal knowledge" cd, that was sammys best in my opinion.

cr

Comment

Electric Ladyland
                  Any album from Cream
                  Eat A Peach
                  Just too damn many to choose from.

Comment

true...
                    Allman Bro. Live at the Filmore East
                    Rod Stewart Every Picture Tells a Story?

Comment

Ace of Base - "The Sign"

Comment

he didn't just say what i think he did, didee?

Comment

hey, we all have our musical skeletons in our closets...dont play like you dont...

Comment

lol
                            yeah- I even admit to liking Blondie!!

Comment

>id like to see the upcoming van halen/david lee roth reunion tour, but im afraid to ask how much those tickets will be

A guy here at work is going to see 'em...for about $180 something for two tickets...More than I'd like to pay, but it'll be a good show...all old songs in the line up. Can't imagine Wolfgang will pound the Jack Daniels like Micheal Anothony did though. My Favorite VH album has always been bouncing between VH1 and 1984...All those early ones are great. I liked them with Sammy to though. And wasn't there an album with Gary Cherone or something? No, Ha Ha. That couldn't have +really+ happened. That be like Aerosmith replacing Steven Tyler with Kip Winger or something.

Comment

Yea I even remember a Video with GC singing and it sucked "more than words can say"

heh heh get it?

I'm hilarious

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
                                Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAXeroxChili publish4Over " "DuploAvanti

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4696 users online. 68 members and 4628 guests.

Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

Working...
                                X