Greatest Rock Album of All Times

tapdn

I begin by nominating Exile on Main Street and Nevermind...

Edited by: tapdn on Sep 19, 2007 9:54 AM

Re: Greatest Rock Album of All Times

man, that's tough. probably impossible to name the greatest single album of all time. but i guess that's the point. ;-)

Tool's AEnima comes to mind (of course). throw in Master of Puppets and Paranoid as well.

ps - i absolutely wore Nevermind out. twice.

if i had to pick just one i'd go with Paranoid. War Pigs, Paranoid, and Iron Man are on that album. helluva trifecta if you ask me.

Mariah Carey, Glitter

Hands down no contest.

Or Ozzy, No More Tears, either or, they both rock.

dude, you totally left out Michael Bolton. that cat rawks! i prefer the self-titled "Michael Bolton" album. no, not that crappy 1975 one, but the second "Michael Bolton" released in 1983. duh.

!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Michael-bolton-album-cover-1983.jpg!

c'mon guys I expected more than this- no arguements!?
...and for talk sake, I don't consider "Pop" music Rock!
Pointy, PB, Chris, wot about it???

To hard to name just one, but for me the best live Album is UFO's Lights Out. No one left here to argue I think they've all been banned from the site.

Dark Side of the Moon or Sgt. Pepper's. If pop-rock was fair game, Thriller. Yeah that's right I said Thriller.

jeezus the banhammer falls swiftly around here..
doesnt anyone realize PPF had CONTENT?

on topic

Pixies:Doolittle

fIREHOSE: if'n

where'd pointy go?

Edited by: pxlherder on Sep 19, 2007 4:02 PM

uhhhhh Moderators...
could you at least restore that part of my post you deleted that doesn't relate to "whatshername"?
There was relative content there about the subject.

OK, sorry for that "Hysteria" comment.

Lets go with "Girls Girls Girls". That one was pretty good all the way through.
Or Chuck Berry's Greatest Hits.

Put it like this: I am not a moderator of this site, but if I was, I would ban Pointyhat too. There is no reason for the name-calling that is going on by that user and others. I was the "bad boy" of PrintPlanet before the move, and got threatened at least a couple times of getting banned there if I didn't watch it. And all I was doing was complaining about relevant stuff that had to do with the subject at hand. But some of you guys take it to a whole other level when you start name-calling. There's no sense in that. Maybe because this is the Lounge you think it's all right. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it's not alright. Think about it: You curse the moderator of the site and then are surprised when they ban you? ANd they're the ones that are wrong? Yeah right.

Don

fIREHOSE: if'n

WOW. How'd I forget about that one. "when you're whisperin' you're hollerin'. when you're hollerin' you're whisperin'!"

Can't argue with that Don, but I just had a post removed that simlpy made reference to the fact that this room (the Lounge which is supposed to be a place to relax and let off some tension) "could use some spicepointy*at" as an afterthought. The body of the post was about music and the topic at hand.
Normally I avoid controversy like the plague (which I also avoid) and am just here for a laff and to learn more about my craft .

Now please- back to music...

? Funny that you and not a Mod would respond to my guess about where everyone has gone. I had no idea anyone was name-calling as you call it. All I know is posts are disappearing at an alarming rate an no explanation as to why. The Lounge IMO is a fun place or should be, can't imagine anything said here would need deleting...

Dude, if you were getting ban threats for posting topic relevant stuff, then nobody from the old PPF has a chance of lasting long around here.

> {quote:title=disbellj wrote:}{quote}
> got threatened at least a couple times of getting banned there if I didn't watch it. And all I was doing was complaining about relevant stuff that had to do with the subject at hand.
>
> Don

WTF - can't complain about relevant topics here? Any chance of useful discussion ever happening - with all the moderated censorship etc. why dont the moderators do all the posting? Is it safe to assume everything left will be filtered and aligned to the interests of our corporate sponsors?

deleted by me- tapdn.

Edited by: tapdn on Sep 22, 2007 3:24 PM

Maybe the band Signs.
Good song "Long Haired Freaky People Need Not Apply"
Fatboy Slim's version is good too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back