When I'm with dad; Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Green River."
When I'm with my bro; Nirvana, "Nevermind."
When I'm with my wife; Aerosmith, "Pump."
When I'm with my sister; Pixies, "Doolittle."
When I'm with my mom; Muse, "Absolution."
When I'm all alone; The Stills, "Logic Will Break Your Heart."

-Brian

Re: Greatest Rock Album of All Times

It's difficult to choose just one! My choices would be 'Back in Black' by ACDC or Guns and Roses 'Appetite for Destruction'

while i am not a big fan of guns n roses, i will go as far as to say the "sweet child o mine" is one of the greatest rock songs i have ever heard. they really put it all together with that song.

Great thread! I just found it, looked through it and couldn't find what I think deserves a mention here:

The Clash, London Calling

\m/

London Calling should definitely be on the list somewhere as should "Appetite and Back in Black. The last two were serious party albums for my group of friends. Many summer Saturdays spent with the top off the bronco, buzzed and listening to Back in Black. Higher level of difficulty to drink beer, bang your head and listen to London Calling. Ramones Rocket to Russia, gotta nominate that one too.

Monkey

There is a perfect album for how your mood is at the time. The other day I heard Back in Black on the radio and it brought me back to 88' in detroit to our first concert to see ACDC. Great memories!

I think Hotel California by the Eagles was awesome as well!

Edited by: Konica Girl on Mar 14, 2008 3:17 PM

Genesis. Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.
Pink Floyd. The Wall
Velvet Underground. Loaded.

Now those are must haves.

My new fave rock (punk) album of all time is the latest from Pennywise... 'Reason to Believe' ... I'm a long time fan and this is some of their best work yet!! Cheers, Tony

I just heard one of their tracks driving into work today, i've been a longtime fan of them as well..will have to check out the new CD.

Ah! Finally someone with some taste for *real* music!~

Now as for G 'N R's Appetite, oh what a metal album... Everything rocked long, hard and especially loud.
AC/DC - Back In Black is a classic rock album, perfect to jump start a party or a heart beat.
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's, unbelievable... It was very fortuitous that Bruce Johnson played some tracks of Pet Sounds for John and Paul. The two best albums ever written, produced and recorded; Pet Sounds and Sgt. Pepper.

The Song Remains The Same

(Jeff Cain are you out there?)

Radiohead - OK Computer

OR

DJ Shadow - Entroducing (I know it's not ROCK, but it'll still blow your mind)

Edited by: FasterMD on May 28, 2008 5:52 PM

Grateful Dead - 'Dead Set', 'Reckoning', 'Bear's Choice'
Pink Floyd - 'Dark Side of the Moon', 'A Saucerful of Secrets'
The Beatles - 'White Album'
Beastie Boys - 'Pauls Boutique'
Too many genres, too many on line #1. :)

Hi all,
Just throwing it out there again for all the punk rock fans... any PW album you can think of....
Cheers, Tony

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back