Cool Printing Company Videos

dwanehollands

OK it's a little off topic... But maybe a little inspiration or respite.

Just visited printingforless and saw their new video ''How it Works'.

It was very enjoyable. Nicely paced, informative enough for newbs but not too deep. The staff were very enthusiastic (even the press operator - lol). It was well scripted and I think quite effective at creating an emotional connection while impressing with the process involved (hey I'm impressed).

It's on their home page - check it out.
Color Printing of Brochures Postcards Catalogs and Stationery

Does anyone have any other examples of other printing companies doing similar videos. Or even just cool videos of something in the printing industry that has impressed you?

Cool

Cool

Yeah I like it! I've seen that before, funnily enough it was another Kodak guy who actually showed me that.

BTW, really like your sketches and photographs! Look pretty amazing. What did you take them with? Did you do any stitching for:

Sailboat+2.jpg (image)

I'm amazed how you are able to capture such a large area, with lense distortion from a really wide lense. (hence the very straight horizon)

Thanks Dwane,

I'm no longer a Kodak guy :)
The sailboat shot is just one image - no stitching.
I use a Sony a350 and Sony 18-250mm lens for all my photos. If lens distortion occurs I fix it in PShop.

best, gordo

Does the a350 have a full frame CCD? The reason I ask is to find out whether or not your 18mm is actually 18mm in conventional SLR film cameras. Or if it's like my Olympus it's half the conventional SLR lense rating. (25mm = 50mm conventional)

So where do you work now?

This has gotten seriously off-topic LOL. You should contact me off-line at pritchardgordon @ gmail(dot)com
But a quick answer - the a350 is a 14.2 megapixel dslr. The lens is equivalent to 27-375 mm in 35 mm terms.
I'm semi-retired so I'm not working for anyone. Work-wise, I'm somewhat returning to my roots in photography, illustration, painting, maybe a bit of graphic design, maybe some consulting for printers. I'll just have to see what comes along :)

best, gordo

I guess it depends on which definition of "classic" you use. ;-)

The video at this link might be closer to the mark...

Internet Archive: Details: Printing

best, gordo

Now that's a classic video (film). It had suspense too. I was wondering when someone was going to get their fingers mangled.

I could even imagine my ITB on one of those early offset presses, which would have eliminated ink water balance back in 1947. :)

It was an old film with dated technology but it was also dignified in showing skills that were valued.

I like

I like

yeah that was a great video! Nice and long and thoroughly talked about the process.

I tell you what though, when they got to the linotype/proofing/Correction part I was thinking, "Ughh, I'd hate to have to go through all that again just to correct some spelling errors. Run that thing as it is!"

Makes using Adobe CS4, Prinergy Evo and Fully Automatic CTP seem like heaven on earth. The speeds we can get to press now!

Gordo, thanks for that link to the video BTW. I've bought my father a 12" LCD Digital Photo frame for christmas and it can play video too. I was trying to think of a video I could put on there that he'd like. This is perfect.

He'll probably be pausing it every few frames to see another piece of equipment he ran. You see he ran and did all of what was in that video! Including the gatherer stitchers! He'll love it!

I would say that it is more "crass-ic than classic". It this how the industry wants to be represented?

Really? It's not okay to laugh at ourselves once in a while instead of trying to be the same boring, vanilla Corporation In A Box? I still watch that when I need a pick-me-up every so often.

Another one

Another one

Promotional Videos for an in-plant version...

OK it's a little off topic... But maybe a little inspiration or respite.

Just visited printingforless and saw their new video ''How it Works'.

It was very enjoyable. Nicely paced, informative enough for newbs but not too deep. The staff were very enthusiastic (even the press operator - lol). It was well scripted and I think quite effective at creating an emotional connection while impressing with the process involved (hey I'm impressed).

It's on their home page - check it out.
Color Printing of Brochures Postcards Catalogs and Stationery

Does anyone have any other examples of other printing companies doing similar videos. Or even just cool videos of something in the printing industry that has impressed you?

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back