new star trek movie

rbailleu

I went to the new star trek movie last night. pretty cool. I wonder how the iowa people feel now that kirk was born in space. they will have to change the sign to boyhood home.

Yep, enjoyed it too. I'd be curious to see how the offspring of the Spock-Uhura couple would look like :)

thought it was a great flick and a perfect way to give themselves latitude to take the story wherever they want!

who knew scotty was such a dweeb. the spock ohura thing completely through me. kirk was spot on perfect.

Star Trek

Star Trek

I agree that Kirk was dead on BUT i was blown away by Bones, it was like a he was reincarnated

Loved the movie.

Didn't like the building of the Enterprise on land though. Although it worked from a drama/story point of view, structurally/construction-wise it doesn't make sense. Even SciFi has to follow some logic. For example, the scenes where explosions were happening in space...and there was no sound were very powerful and well handled and technically correct.

best, gordon p

Okay...

I too enjoyed the movie, but I'm not a fan of the genre.

One question I was left with...

When Kirk passed the battle simulation exam at the Academy,
had elder Spock helped young Kirk in finding a flaw, thanks to
the time/space shift?

as long as we are discussing flaws. why is it that the last 2 movies have the romulans and remans becoming so vile. I realize they were always the bad guys, but recently they have been elevated to super vilain status. and destroying vulcan, wow.

I can't what until the next movie

Okay...
I too enjoyed the movie, but I'm not a fan of the genre.
One question I was left with...
When Kirk passed the battle simulation exam at the Academy, had elder Spock helped young Kirk in finding a flaw, thanks to the time/space shift?

Apparently the answer is found in a deleted scene. The scene where Uhura catches Kirk fooling around with her room mate has Kirk telling Gaila that he sent her a message that she has to open at a precise moment.Â* This is how he hacks the Kobayashi Maru test.Â* It is a virus of sorts that she opens during the test, unleashing it to rewrite the test to be winnable.
According to:
TNMC - Star Trek - What You Missed | The Blog

best, gordo

at least now he can actually be in bed with all the alien women. not just put his boots on after with the enterprise girls.

Not much of a stretch - all women are aliens! LOL

Order the Book?;)

MACARE.jpg

Best-OT

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back