I'm looking for a new VDP Program.

Hi All,

I'm a Digital Prepress Artists for a small Print/Marketing Company, and I am looking for a new VDP program to use. I am currently using Creo Darwin. It's an ok program. It has taken me over a year to master. On small VDP jobs I just use Data Merge in InDesign. It's much simpler than Darwin. But since the new Darwin upgrade is $2Grand plus, I'm looking for something else. I have InDesign CS4 on mac. I don't know if Design Merge would be better than Darwin? If anyone has used these programs please help. I send the Darwin files to the printer VPS. That way the images are at the printer and it doesn't take long to rip. Do other programs offer this too? Plus I am sending it to a Creo Front end of a Xerox 7000.

Thanks for you help. :)
:)

I second the endorsement of Fusion Pro. Word of warning if you are going to be doing alot of non standard custom vdp you will need to learn some Javascript.

It's been a long time since I used data merge with InDesign now that I use FusionPro Desktop. I'd have to say data merge works fine but is a little cumbersome to use.

I use Printshop mail, simply add your data over the top of an existing PDF and print, it has Creo VPS output so will RIP in no time on your setup.

Fusion Pro will fit the bill just fine, works like a charm... support is great as well.

VDP Programmes

VDP Programmes

Sorry - new to PrintPlanet and just reading some threads so hopefully you are still looking for feecdback . . .

We user FusionPro for small easy jobs, anything larger we use XMPie which bring in masses of other opportunities when creating variable jobs and information processing quickly in Xerox iGen machines.

SJ

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back