Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner: Recommended!

G

Where all my beer snobs at?

True story: I come home after a day with the family and there is some strange object between doors in the front of my house. Odd square shaped thing. Upon further inspection I notice this is a standard 4 pack beer carrier filled with 4 bottles of something I've not ever seen.

I pick up the pack and lift a bottle out and read: "Samuel Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner". Imperial Pilsner, I wonder. Hmmm. Damn...

A little benefit of having a good friend who sells and distributes Sam Adam's products is every now and then I get a gift like this. Way better than a secret santa, getting "booed" on halloween, or any other faux delights. Beer from the secret beer fairy is like no other!

Of course, I'm currently limited in libation in support - if not sympathetic mourning - for my wife who is pregnant. I go easy on the excitement of getting to taste these 4 new bits of manna from heaven.

I do, however, eventually have them all - one by one - and I can only say this: WOW. Kudos for Sam Adams for making such a bold beer. This thing is a hop head's delight. Very strong hoppiness, with a great aroma brought on by the Hallertau (Germany's hop heaven, with over 178 square kilometers of planting). Smoother and less immediately toxic than an Arrogant Bastard, but still hoppy and aggressive enough to make your Nascar buddies pucker and give you the gas face. If you are a hop head and enjoy really full, agressively hopped beers, this is one not to miss.

I heard there was a limited amount shipped into Columbus and it is all gone. I was warned of this and had a chance to grab another four or twelve, but waited too long. I hope Sam will consider making this a regular and maybe even expand it into 6 packs or at least include in their 12 pack Brewmaster's Collection.

Re: Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner: Recommended!

did you have to leave an empty beer bottle under your pillow for the beer fairy to come visit you?

inquiring minds want to know...

...it was way more complicated than that! ;-)

This was the result from the last time he tried

!http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/ellroon/beercans1.jpg!

LMAO! I did not know anyone had that photo...

we have others...

for a small phenomenal fee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back