A bit of fun?

GraphixGenius

I had a client whose company makes windows.
He told me he needed a creative and provocative advert designed for some newspaper advertising. My assistant came up with this idea called 'A bright spot'.
They turned this down in favour of some boring corporate looking ad.
So much for being provocative. Was our design too creative for an ad, you reckon ?

Attachments

• bright-spott.jpg
    bright-spott.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 193
Your design wasn't too creative for an ad since what you came up with is neither an ad nor a design - it's a picture.

Seems like you missed a great opportunity to do something creative and on message.

best, gordon p

(former Creative Director at McCann Advertising for western Canada region)

I agree with Gordo. I'm having a hard time seeing how it's creative OR provocative.

I saw a tshirt for a bicycle company once called "Minstrel Cycles" and it had a picture of a wandering minstrel standing next to a bike. Their tagline was "Minstrel Cycles, the last name in bicycles. Period."

Talk about creative AND provocative......

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the graphic is only a portion of the proposed ad.

And Ox, did they sell many bikes?

I'm pretty sure that it was just a parody. Just like the one for a bar in Montana that said "liquor up front, poker in the rear"

I'm pretty sure that it was just a parody. Just like the one for a bar in Montana that said "liquor up front, poker in the rear"

Yeah, that can be a play on words, but I know a lot of bars have a room in the back for playing cards.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back