Advice on Solvent printers

Stressed

We need to buy a solvent printer that will print at fairly high speeds onto self adhesive materials for outdoor use. Has anyone any advice on a good machine that wont break the bank?

Thanks

We do have an HP solvent printer in house. I have asked for more details and will post as soon as I get it. Where are you located?

Epson GS6000, Super quality, low cost of ownership (comes with the RIP software), dose not require ventilation. On the minus side its Eco-Solvent, and dose not last as long a solvent on the outside IF its not laminated.

I profile solvent printers for a good chunk of my living, so I've seen just about all of them out there run with just about every combination of RIP's and printing on just about every kind of material.

And right now hands down if I only could only buy one, I'd buy the Epson GS6000. Basically, it's a Mutoh ValueJet with orange, green, light magenta and light cyan tossed in. And its results can be breathtaking.

Only caveat is that the version of ColorBurst that it comes with--frankly--sucks.

If you buy this machine and you're serious about getting full use of all its full capabilities, you need to invest in a better RIP to drive it.

(Edited to add: Belfast? Are you Hackett Repro, by any chance?)

Mike Adams
Correct Color

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back