Advice on new wide formate printer.

EZPower

We are currently experiencing an expansion, 40in 6 color, new Rampage rip, Screen plate setter. Key employees came from 40in shops. So most of us are familiar with the work flows and management of a profitable 40in shop. Currently, we were running an Epson 9600 that died, and a Mamaki that is is going away. Ideally I would like to get one printer for contact proofs, and an occasional banner or window cling. We are a union shop, so for us it's not an option to send the banner, sign, and window cling out for some one else to do. We need something that will do "accurate color". Large enough to run contract imposition proofs for our 40" press.

I don't want to spend over $5,000 right now.

I'm wondering if any one had experience with HP Designjet Z5200 PS Large Format Printer 44in

We are going to run Rampage with ram proof direct. Would Rampage be able to send the file directly to HP?

Last edited:
We have been using the hp25500 for about 18 months. We do no use it as a contract proof, but it will do outdoor banners and clings. It will be more the 5k

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back