Looking for recommendations for substrate/printer for canvas prints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for recommendations for substrate/printer for canvas prints

I have an Epson 9600 an HP5500 and an HPZ5200 available. Looking to print on a canvas-type of material. I've looked at some wall art available locally and it looks to be glued to a frame by machine, not stretched, stapled and taped. Also, there is a finish on the outside. I've done a bit of this printing but on plain canvas, stretched manually.
    Is this store-bought piece I describe sound like a completely machine-done process?
    What would you recommend to do a small but regular amount of canvas printing for wall art?
    Thanks for any input.

If you are going to do your own stretching then I would recommend Epson or Hahnemuhle canvas. There are a ton of suppliers out there. Let me know if you need any help tracking some down. All we do is print canvas so we would be glad to help. - Eric

Comment

the Epson R2880 is a cracking printer for canvas and not expensive, the canvas is cheap too and comes in a few gsm's on rolls
      you can add coatings too, if you want say a satin or gloss appearance
      the stretcher bars are the awkward thing to get and use unless you buy in quantity
      maybe speak to a local framer and get a deal or just go straight to an online canvas printer to do the whole job for you
      here is a link to a good place, who has great prices and are very helpful

all the best with your idea
      Last edited by prwhite; 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM. Reason: embedded link

Comment

Thanks for the pointers! I did a small project and bought stretcher bars from French Canvas - pricing was reasonable.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
        UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5737 users online. 159 members and 5578 guests.

Most users ever online was 5,872 at 11:39 AM on 09-30-2016.

Working...
        X