Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size reporduction problem on Epson 7800/9800 driven by EFI colorproof XF

I have a problem when I print anything over 12" on our Epson 7800 or 9800, the actual reproduced size is smaller. As a test I just printed out a 12x12" square of a 1pt rule, and when measured with a Schaedler ruler: it measured 11 31/32" basically it is shrinking 1/32". While this may seem minor, it becomes magnified when you print something 30+" is can shrink as much as 1/8th.

Any one have any ideas how I can avoid this?

thanks,
    Dub

Re: Size reporduction problem on Epson 7800/9800 driven by EFI colorproof XF

Just a wild stab in the dark, go to your your *Output* device, select the *Media* tab, There is +paper length correction+ section, do the +Target+ and +Actual length+ numbers match?

There is an EFI online forum, it is not very active, but you might get an answer eventually:
    http://proofingforums.efi.com/index.php

Comment

Ok, the obvious question is: Is your output queue set to "fit paper size"?
      Also, when you go to the EFI forum look for a "bug fix", that is what they call the little repair programs they issue when problems such as this occur.

Comment

I believe that I have resolved my issue, I have changed the actual length and target length correction to what I measure on a 12x12 square and all seems to be fine now at any length. See attached image.

thanks,
        Dub

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
        Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4909 users online. 95 members and 4814 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X