Size reporduction problem on Epson 7800/9800 driven by EFI colorproof XF

dub

I have a problem when I print anything over 12" on our Epson 7800 or 9800, the actual reproduced size is smaller. As a test I just printed out a 12x12" square of a 1pt rule, and when measured with a Schaedler ruler: it measured 11 31/32" basically it is shrinking 1/32". While this may seem minor, it becomes magnified when you print something 30+" is can shrink as much as 1/8th.

Any one have any ideas how I can avoid this?

thanks,
Dub

Re: Size reporduction problem on Epson 7800/9800 driven by EFI colorproof XF

Just a wild stab in the dark, go to your your *Output* device, select the *Media* tab, There is +paper length correction+ section, do the +Target+ and +Actual length+ numbers match?

There is an EFI online forum, it is not very active, but you might get an answer eventually:
http://proofingforums.efi.com/index.php

Ok, the obvious question is: Is your output queue set to "fit paper size"?
Also, when you go to the EFI forum look for a "bug fix", that is what they call the little repair programs they issue when problems such as this occur.

I believe that I have resolved my issue, I have changed the actual length and target length correction to what I measure on a 12x12 square and all seems to be fine now at any length. See attached image.

thanks,
Dub

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back