Epson 9800 clogged nozzles

stargate

I have 9800 and no matter what I do it has a clogged nozzles. Not the same nozzles. Even after power cleaning and I left it turned off overnight. Nothing helps. Out of warranty. Any solutions?

Re: Epson 9800 clogged nozzles

I've been dealing with the same problems on our older 7800, the newer 9800 doesn't have the problem..

I wonder if the ink pads get saturated with ink over time and complicate the problems..I've had some success with water on the pads.

You could also have a dirty wiper, or faulty pump.

Are you getting any error messages?

Something like 040?

No errors. It got better after 3 days of cleaning, turning off at night and saturating ink pads.

I rang up epson support with similar blockage issue and paper marking from the carriage. He told me to restart the printer with pause button held in to get into the proper menu and do a super duper xtra power clean from there and I made the platengap a bit bigger. Sort of solved the problem, sort of.

Ryan,

Did dampening the ink pads help, and if so, how do you get to them?

Erik

I have the same problem with my 7800. Sometimes my proofs will be missing a color entirely. I never had these problems with my 7600, nor my 7000. My company has another 7800 in another division and I hear they have the same problems.

Yes it helped but only for a few days.

3 days later it was clogging again. I don't have time to fuss around, unit was out of warranty, so I replaced it with 9880. So far so good. I have a brand new printer and warranty. I even moved the inks from 9800 to 9880 except magentas.

I think it's the ink. Our earlier inks were from Japan. The current ones are from China and our 9800 now clogs when it never did before.
Thanks Epson!

We have a 7800 and a 9800 both purchased in Feb 07 and had to have Epson come out to service the 7800 due to really bad clogging early this year (still under warranty). What the Epson tech that came out told me was that on the early run 7800's they were over-tightening down the lock nuts during assembly in Japan on the ink tubes and compressing the o-rings where they connect to the head causing the clogging. He cut back the lines a few mm and replaced all the o-rings and tightened the lock nuts to the proper spec and we are in business now. Still has minor clogs every once in a great while but a clean and a nozzle check usually clears it up. We run it everyday and it stays on constantly. It is a million times better than ever before as it used to clog all the time from day one.

As for the 9800, ours seems okay.. same normal minor clogs that are easy cleared up. I would expect the same repair would do the trick on your 9800, contact Epson and see what they say and how much it would be to fix or order the parts and try it your self if you are handy.

Good luck,
Dub

My good luck has finally run out. I have an Epson 9800 with an error message 00010005.
And I can't find the manual. what dose 00010005 mean? Thanks Robert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back