Direct UV printing to plexi

UVPrinter

Does anyone have tips for direct UV printing to plexi. As is, I turn my lights down low to keep the plexi from bowing. This of course brings the adhesion factor low and tend to get chipping from the edges. Any tips would be helpful. Thank you!

In curing UV inks, intensity, power, Joules are often more important than dwell time. One brief moment of high intensity may be better than 10 slow passes at lowest intensity. (Yes, there is a sweet spot of both sufficient energy & over a sufficient time: I'm making a point)

On your second pass, could you make your printer run at draft or fastest speed and use a high intensity setting on the light?

The fast speed may minimize or avoid your problem, with the high intensity being enough to cure and set the UV

I have 300 hours on 500-700 hour lamps running unidirectional at the fastest speed. It is set low so as not to warp the plexi with heat, which happens easily.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back