Epson 9800 "empty" ink cartridges

Whitaker

Here's a tip to help save some money, and you get what you paid for in the first place.

As a lot of you may have experienced, the Epson 9800 (maybe some of the other models too?) will say an ink cartridge is empty, but when you remove it there is ALWAYS ink remaining in the cartridge. For a few years now I've been saving the bladders once I open up the cartridge and recycle the plastic. I recently ordered a set of refillable cartridges from eBay (which came with a chip resetter) and I've managed to fill all the colors up at least once, some twice so for $125 it was well worth it.

I can give you more detail if you would like.

BTW, the chip resetter works with the waste containers.

Hey Duncan, I'm just using the ink that's left in the cartridges once the Epson says they are "empty". I saved them for a couple years and now I'm using the remaining ink. I break them open, cut the bladder and pour the ink into the refillable cartridges.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back