Roland prints coming out short

Hi all,

We have a Roland XJ740 with versaworks. The problem is that prints are coming out 3-5mm short along the length of the roll but spot on perfect along the width of the roll. I can only think it is an issue with versaworks because if it was vinyl shrinkage then the width dimension would be out as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers
Dan

I have no experience with Versaworks, but I ran into a similar situation in Onyx 7. The print files, as designed, were correct, lets say 2400 mm, but were coming out 3-6 mm short of that. Since most of my stuff is made to go in specific size aluminum extrusions, you cannot be but so short and it still work. Finally found a setting in the profiles to adjust the length of print by percentage. I made a sample file of 1 inch squares in Illustrator, like 3 across and 48 length, and ripped and printed that, then measured the print, then calculated the difference in percentage and entered it in the settings, and bang! dead on the money. It took me time to find it, and more time to fix, but generally, once you are fixed, it will stay that way, for that profile.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back