What would be your choice of flatbed

Hi all,

I am thinking of upgrading our Vutek QS2000 to a more recent model. I am thinking a used machine as I'm not sure my budget can stretch to a brand new one and would like to upgrade to a wider machine. I have been looking at the Vutek GS3200 but with the huge range out there I'm not sure which way to go.

What machines do you have, are you happy and what would be on your wish list.

Dan

Hi all,

I am thinking of upgrading our Vutek QS2000 to a more recent model. I am thinking a used machine as I'm not sure my budget can stretch to a brand new one and would like to upgrade to a wider machine. I have been looking at the Vutek GS3200 but with the huge range out there I'm not sure which way to go.

What machines do you have, are you happy and what would be on your wish list.

Dan

Are you still looking into getting a flatbed?

There's a restaurant here in town that serves the best beef short-rib with caremalized onion and smoked Gouda cheese flatbread! It's is AWESOME!!!!!!. What?........ you said "flatbed"?, oh, sorry, I thought you said "Flatbread".................................. Never Mind .................... :)

Vanguard is certainly worth a look.

Their Kyocera-head machine won Product of the Year at the latest SGIA (printing with a Correct Color profile, I might add.)

Mike Adams
Correct Color

I run a Mimaki JFX200 flatbed and am very happy with it. It's the 4'x8' model but there is also a JFX500 that has a 5'x10' bed and is faster than the JFX200.

arosestti,

From what I know of them, it's pretty damn good. I haven't seen the dye-sub printer yet, but I expect to fairly soon. I can tell you that they've sent me to handle issues for some of their clients, and I've spent a week at their corporate office working on some issues for them, and while I was there, their tech guys were on the phone with clients, and scurrying off to the airport -- not your typical sell-it-and-you're-on-your-own operation. I can also tell you the owner, Dave, is an inkjet guy first, and is very knowledgeable and pretty passionate about it.

Like I said, well worth a look.

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back