Problems with Substrate skew on Vutek H1625

KNB

I've been having issues with our recent printer, a Vutek H1625 UV. I'm getting some really bad skewing difference (almost .25" over 6ft). The gate seems straight, vacuum working properly etc. I know that some substrates we receive aren't square and this can cause skewing. I'm hoping someone with a belt fed large format printer can give me some idea what to do

Last edited:
I've been having issues with our recent printer, a Vutek H1625 UV. I'm getting some really bad skewing difference (almost .25" over 6ft). The gate seems straight, vacuum working properly etc. I know that some substrates we receive aren't square and this can cause skewing. I'm hoping someone with a belt fed large format printer can give me some idea what to do

We have a 1625 that we use for proofing so we don't do a whole lot of production registration on it however, our belt fed durst equipment doesn't register much better than what you are describing. Are you running two sided pieces?

Yes we do Recto/verso and plexi with white. The problem has everyone stumped so far. Waiting on a tech from EFI

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back