Fiery XF not ripping PDF only TIFFS

amybest222

This is the second time that the RIP stopped ripping PDF and will only rip TIFFS, EFI had done something previously to get it to start working. we recently got a refurbished machine from EFI and we ghosted the old one with their help. Everything was working until a few days ago. As far as I can see nothing has changed within the RIP setting profiles (still set to APPE) wondering if any one has some suggestions to trouble shoot while I wait for EFI to get back on the support ticket?

What version of XF are you running. Version 6 has had so many problems with APPE that I had to quit using it. Even now at version 6.4 and the latest patch it still has problems with APPE.

We are using 6.2 what type of files formats are you ripping? I am prepress manager and we are basically a pdf workflow, the only thing we make tifs for previously were xtra huge billboards because the PDFS seem to take forever to spool and RIP

You might want to try flattening the PDFs and using the Postscript print engine instead of APPE. Most of my problems with APPE where when Nesting or Step & Repeat was used.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back