Looking for a great Wide Format Trade Printer

urville

We need feather flags, banners, adhesives for signs, metal signs, yard signs, large posters, trade show graphics, retractables, etc.

I'm aware of zooprinting, signobi, and B2Signs. I've had a lot of problems with Zoo sending me other peoples jobs, not sending my jobs, not getting jobs done on time. (Interesting Side note not relevant to this)
The last set of things I did with them was a rush on a job they didn't print for some reason and in the rush, they messed up and sent me the job with all their info on it. Surprisingly, the Zoo job was printed by 4Over. I called and a person basically told me that they are owned by a large conglomerate and that conglomerate owns many companies. So Zoo and 4over are owned by the same conglomerate interstingly.

Signobi charges me different shipping every time, sometimes a single adhesive roll costs me $16 to ship sometimes it costs me $40, and my clients want predictable turn times and the turn is always different with them.

I like B2 but there are some caveats. I had to quote and for a large job with many different versions and I had to do it as many single items each with its own shipping charge which made it very uneconomical. I called, but they had no way to work it. He just told me its hard to build an ordering system that works for every situation. I get that, but I have to be able to get jobs on quotes. Also, their proofing system is not adequate for checking details on large prints. We click "PDF by email" is how I think it reads, but I only get a link to their site where we get a very small image of the final product which does not always allow us to see details and a couple of times those details have fallen off due to postscript issues but you couldn't tell on such a tiny proof.

I wanted to see what other options there are and I feel that the best way to do that is by referral. Who is the best online wide format trade printer you know of?

Last edited:
Have you tried Signs365.com?
I'm not sure they would be your one-stop-shop for everything you're looking to produce, but they've worked great for us.

Most standard orders ship next day with overnight shipping for next to nothing. ($1 per sq ft banners +$10 overnight shipping).

Definitely someone to look at.

We are a custom large format trade shop in PA. We tend to do more difficult projects that require organization and quality rather than dirt cheap but we may be a good resource if you have larger projects. www.conestogadpi.com.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back