Epson 9900 GRACoL Workflow Ink Consumption

JohnBrown

Hi.

My company's printer technicians have been dismissed, and I am trying to find out which inks are not used in a GRACoL-certified proofing environment. Might anyone know? We have an Epson 9900 with a SpectroProofer. My understanding not all 11 inks are used when printing GRACoL-certified proofs. I am asking because a few of the ink cartridges in our used ink inventory already are expired, and I want avoid buying too many of the underutilized colors if they aren't all used in proofing. Thanks to everyone for even reading this. ;-)

Actually, it wouldn't explain that. Light colors are part of their main color channel with their 'splits' determined by your particular printer profile. Light black and light light black are part of the black channel, light magenta is part of the magenta channel, and light cyan is part of the cyan channel.

The way you can think of it is that if an image needs 5% black, it's going to get it from light light black, or if it needs 30% black, it's going to get it from light black.

The inks in your inkset that most likely will not fire when running GRACol proofs are green and orange.

Mike Adams

Correct Color

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back