Replacing a ILS20 spectro on a Epson 9900

The Compositor

Some queries . . .
Can i still purchase an ILS20, or are these now replaced with the ILS30?
Will the ILS30 fit into the existing spectro unit (currently housing the ILS20)?
Will a Spectro Proofer M1 44" fit on the Epson 9900?
Are there any other options as it seems my ILS20 is knackered?
Thanks

Lol, I have some questions to go with this. Will my current Spectro Proofer 44" with ILS20 attach to the new Epson SureColor P9000?

I'm pretty sure this is true, but am not certain.
Will the ILS30 fit into the existing spectro unit (currently housing the ILS20)?
Will a Spectro Proofer M1 44" fit on the Epson 9900?

http://www.colorhq.com/Epson-SpectroProofer-Replacement-p/c12c932021.htm
The X-Rite ILS30EP is available as a stand-alone option for existing SpectroProofer (ILS20EP/ILS20EPUV) customers requiring support for the M1 Illuminate standard or XRGA hardware compliance with other current X-Rite devices. Before purchasing, contact your reseller or RIP manufacturer for details on the necessary software version as additional upgrade costs may apply.

We replaced two SpectroProofer heads with the ILS30EP heads (Epson part number C12C932021) - one head stayed on a 9900 and the other went on a SureColor P9000 (with the SpectroProofer assembly coming from a 9900. Our customer is using an EFI Fiery XF 6.4 RIP. Everything works well, but the RIP is compatible with the new heads, so your RIP would need to be able to work with it (M0, M1 and M2) as well.

Tony

We replaced two SpectroProofer heads with the ILS30EP heads (Epson part number C12C932021) - one head stayed on a 9900 and the other went on a SureColor P9000 (with the SpectroProofer assembly coming from a 9900. Our customer is using an EFI Fiery XF 6.4 RIP. Everything works well, but the RIP is compatible with the new heads, so your RIP would need to be able to work with it (M0, M1 and M2) as well.

Tony

Thanks, this is exactly what I've been waiting to hear.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back