Lead in space on Roll paper (Epson 9800)

Hi guys I've got a problem with roll paper on my Epson Stylus Pro 9800, that I can't find answers for in the manual? In a nutshell the printer is leaving a 30cm gap between each roll fed print. I want to reduce the wastage and shorten that gap, does anybody know how I do that? cheers Russell

Might not be able to answer, but from what software are you printing from? A RIP or direct, or another way. And then Mac or PC.

Hey Scott, thanks for your reply. I am printing directly on my mac using Illustrator CS6 and the printer driver is called "EPL-6200-CB168F" it looks like this....

Attachments

• photo7270.png
    photo7270.png
    839.3 KB · Views: 310
you need to select "single cut" under the "Roll paper Settings". If it is greyed out, then you need to go back to the "Printer Settings" menu and under "Page Setup" figure out which roll setting will make it not be grey. I usually have really good luck with "Roll Paper-Borderless-Retain Size"

Thanks pacart, that looks like the right answer thanks!

One other paper saving question I have is:

When feeding Roll paper into the printer (down to the white guidelines) is there any way to adjust the long (25cm) gap it leaves before printing?

As you can probably tell I have only been doing sheet feeding up till now and that starts printing about 10mm from the top of the sheet.
If you don't know that's fine at least I'll be saving material when continuously printing one image after another on the roll!
Cheers Russell

Thanks pacart, that looks like the right answer thanks!

One other paper saving question I have is:

When feeding Roll paper into the printer (down to the white guidelines) is there any way to adjust the long (25cm) gap it leaves before printing?

As you can probably tell I have only been doing sheet feeding up till now and that starts printing about 10mm from the top of the sheet.
If you don't know that's fine at least I'll be saving material when continuously printing one image after another on the roll!
Cheers Russell

I haven't really tried to deal with this. We've just accepted it as acceptable waste.

Thanks pacart, Appreciate your advice on this. I've got it so the jobs stack next to each other with minimal gap which is great but each fresh print job leaves a massive gap beforehand. I can understand a little but of waste but compared to 8mm I get with sheet feeding I'd really like to reduce this if possible?

Attachments

• photo7273.png
    photo7273.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 284

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back