HP T1300 & Scrim vinyl

radji

Howdy all. I have been experimenting with some 15 mil scrim vinyl on my work's HP T1300. The printing is not the problem. It prints beautifully. I just can't get the machine to completely cut the finished print. The cutter faults (i.e. retracts) about 1/4 of the way thru the cut. According to the specs and from HP's telephone support, the T1300 should be able to handle up to 30 mil media.
I've cleaned the cutter blade and it's still sharp. There is no adjustment to make it push harder. Its either engaged or disengaged.

Anyone ever use scrim vinyl on the smaller wide format printer be able to get it to cut completely?

Hello Radji,

Those printer cut blades on the aqueous technical printers are designed to cut paper products not signage. Even on the big commercial HP Latex printers the cut blades on those have trouble with the thicker scrim vinyl. I'd keep a blade handy so you don't wear out your blade any further. You're fighting a losing battle.

How much scrim banner are you printing currently on your T1300?

Hello Radji,

Those printer cut blades on the aqueous technical printers are designed to cut paper products not signage. Even on the big commercial HP Latex printers the cut blades on those have trouble with the thicker scrim vinyl. I'd keep a blade handy so you don't wear out your blade any further. You're fighting a losing battle.

How much scrim banner are you printing currently on your T1300?

Not much. One Arch-E size poster every 3 to 4 months. I don't mind cutting the scrim by hand, but I cannot get the T1300 to not try and trim the vinyl when I load the roll into the printer.

Not much. One Arch-E size poster every 3 to 4 months. I don't mind cutting the scrim by hand, but I cannot get the T1300 to not try and trim the vinyl when I load the roll into the printer.

The cutting is a setting in your control panel. You can turn off the cutting after every print job.

I can turn of the cutting for the post printing. But the plotter will still try and cut the paper when loading the roll.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back