EPSON Digital Proofer Enquiry

gcplau

Hello Gurus, been away from the CMS for quite a while What is the choice of EPSON 44" proofing printer if lowest delta-E, and good spot color simulation is required? What about general CMYK proofing that complies with G7? THANKS

Give the Epson SureColor P9000 Commercial Edition a look see. It will meet your G7 needs while also simulating a majority of the Pantone book.

Best regards,
pd

Thanks so much. Not sure why some of my local mentioned 9910 / 9908 model which are a bit old. BTW, If I drive it w/ GMG, what will the delta-E I expect, especially Pantone? Or if any consultant can share it's GMG/P9080 G7 cal result?

I cannot speak to what results you will get with GMG as I am not a user. The best delta E I have seen with my printers is around delta 1.05. There's a chance I could get a lower delta E if I used the same Spectro device for both profiling the printer and checking its color though (I use an iSis to profile and an i1Pro to check color).

Best regards,
pd

Thanks once again. I little find out that P9080 is a replacement for 9910 and P8080 is a replacement for 9908.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back