Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on canvas printers to start a business

Please assist me on choosing a canvas printer which produces high quality prints and does not cost much, you can advice on the quality of print, size of print, cost, ink and maintainance, and any info that would help, thank you

Most comments will suggest a fine art printer with 6 or more colors, my advise for Canvas is go for a Mutoh 1624 works with us better than HP Z6100 and Latex, more durable printer and less cost.

Comment

I will suggest an Epson 7900 Large Format Printer. I have a friend who use it and he is very satisfied. What is your budget?

Comment

If you looking at aqueous, for the least amount of trouble, nozzle clogs and so forth go Canon iPF Pros. That being said I do all most all my canvas of the HP Latex because it does not need to be coated like the aqueous printers.

Comment

I really depends on how much canvas and size(s) you're going to be printing. Latex/Solvent is a cheaper option, but you're going into a larger model vs aqueous that has 17, 24, 44 and 60/64" models. Feel free to contact our company as we carry aqueous, latex and solvent models and will provide the options available.

Comment

What type of coating would you apply to an aqueous printer like HP Z5600?

Comment

Coatings for aqueous? That's news to me. We've done tons of aqueous canvas without the need for any coatings. Do you mean treated canvas?

Comment

Originally posted by gregbatch View Post
                Coatings for aqueous? That's news to me. We've done tons of aqueous canvas without the need for any coatings. Do you mean treated canvas?
                Maybe? We're quite new to this segment of the industry to be honest.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure he was referring to pre-treatment to accept aqueous ink rather than a finish coating. I was confused when I first read it - not enough coffee in the bloodstream yet. Yes, aqueous canvas is more expensive. About 50 cents sqft.

Comment

Most aqueous canvas is already good to print on. If you find a non aqueous coated canvas, you'll need that coating to print on it (like the HP Z5600). But there are probably a bit more canvas options vs solvent/latex available. Some brands can get a pretty low cost (not as low as solvent/latex), but pretty decent compared to manufacturers that make it.

We do carry many types of canvas. Let us know if you're looking for something particular or have questions.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Automation Article

Collapse

Avanti
                    Why Would You Ever Want To Automate?
                    It seems far too complex, costs money, involves a lot of people, will take time etc etc. And then you run out of excuses. Read the article.

Canon4OverKBAXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiXeikon

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5884 users online. 96 members and 5788 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
                    X