Air bubbles on vehicle signage

BigSi

Hi there

I'm new to the whole signage game. (I'm an offset printer). Applied vinyl self adhesive computer cut lettering to a customers van. The problem is air bubbles. I personally don't think it is to bad but he is having a grizzle.
I was not to worried at the time as everything I read on the subject said they will come out in time. Three weeks later they are not getting any less! Do we need to wait longer? It is not air release vinyl, (was told I did not need it and it is quite a bit more expensive). I've seen a lot of YouTube videos on getting air bubbles out and I think it would take a long time doing the way that most of them recommend. (there are a lot of vinyl letters) and not two sure how successfully it would be. Redo again using water? try and fix with a hair dryer?. I did apply on a sunny day, could this be a factor? (I realize this posting might be more suited to a signage forum).

Your thoughts and help are appreciated. thanks Simon

It's really about how you want to manage your customers concerns. In my experience, these bubbles almost always come out, but over a few months and not weeks. If you feel you want to re-do it to make your customer happy, then use the water/soap and squeegy method to avoid bubbles again. However I've always told my customers to give it time and they will disperse. Not sure what the weather's like where you are, but sunlight really speeds up these things, so if it's cold where you are, then it will take longer.

Thanks for this, I was thinking it just needed more time, The only issue I don't want my customer to think I'm just making excuses. Maybe if I show him this forum. ta Simon

Thanks Justin

Very hard to see in photos. That is why I did not put any up earlier. But your input is much appreciated. thanks Simon

Attachments

• photo8304.jpg
    photo8304.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 188
  • photo8305.jpg
    photo8305.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 198

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back