Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rediculous question from mgt

Management wants a full list of all compatible inkjet proofers supported by Xitron Sierra. I said "all of them" depending on the front end driving them. They want a list

Hah! This is an odd and funny request. I suppose you could reach out to Xitron with the request. They might actually have a list of current and legacy printers, or even just supported brands. Or they might tell you the same thing you told your management and you can then just show that to your management and tell them to just pick a printer....or better yet, show them the email and then tell them you helped to narrow down the list to your recommendations and show them 3 or 4 models that you really want.

Comment

Xitron got back to me right away and basically said what I did. That almost all printers are supported depending on the front end driving the printer.

Comment

Had a very similar experience many years ago when I first started working. Its at times like these that one realises exactly how out of touch damagement really is. I will admit, not always, but the greater majority of times. In this case, I am sure that the term "compatible" is being used as a buzzword, the contextual meaning being totally unknown, and "front end" and "driving" are alien words.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Xitron got back to me right away and basically said what I did. That almost all printers are supported depending on the front end driving the printer.
          So what did you end up presenting to your management? How did they take it?

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
          Instant October Trade Show Survey
          Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
          Will you be at one of them?
          Both? Neither?
          Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiGraph Expo4OverKBAAMSAvantiEnfocusGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4700 users online. 90 members and 4610 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
          X