Rediculous question from mgt

Mark

Management wants a full list of all compatible inkjet proofers supported by Xitron Sierra. I said "all of them" depending on the front end driving them. They want a list :eek:

Hah! This is an odd and funny request. I suppose you could reach out to Xitron with the request. They might actually have a list of current and legacy printers, or even just supported brands. Or they might tell you the same thing you told your management and you can then just show that to your management and tell them to just pick a printer....or better yet, show them the email and then tell them you helped to narrow down the list to your recommendations and show them 3 or 4 models that you really want.

Xitron got back to me right away and basically said what I did. That almost all printers are supported depending on the front end driving the printer.

Had a very similar experience many years ago when I first started working. Its at times like these that one realises exactly how out of touch damagement really is. I will admit, not always, but the greater majority of times. In this case, I am sure that the term "compatible" is being used as a buzzword, the contextual meaning being totally unknown, and "front end" and "driving" are alien words.

Xitron got back to me right away and basically said what I did. That almost all printers are supported depending on the front end driving the printer.

So what did you end up presenting to your management? How did they take it?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back