problem with Epson surecolor P9000

ljswallart

Thank you for the add, I am in desperate need of help, I have an Espon Surecolor P9000, and it wont stop trying to clean. I have managed to do a firmware update, but every time I switch it on it goes into cleaning mode goes up to 99% then starts all over again, using loads of ink whilst doing this!! How can I stop it?

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Are you unable to do anything once you turn it on? If so, I would check all settings and turn off any auto-checks or auto-cleaning. We bought an extended warranty with ours, and I'm glad we did. I've had to call customer support twice within the last few months (outside of the 1yr purchase date), and they have been helpful. We had a rep out here last month to replace the printhead. I have no idea what a service call might set you back outside of warranty, so good luck. There are a ton of smarties here, so hopefully someone can help!

Thanks - with the help of someone I know I think I’ve found the problem!!! Little did I know that the printer should be plugged into the main socket and not an extension lead!!! The caps needed cleaning and I was eventually able to update the firmware

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back