Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to print 220" long spread sheet. Not having much luck

I'm trying to print my macro plan, basically a very long Excel spreadsheet, on an Epson T7270 printer. The print measures 36" x 220". The header row prints out across the entire length but the cells below only print for the first 80" or so. I spoke with Epson and they said that the driver becomes eratic after 90" and that I would need to use RIP software. Before purchasing any more software I'd like to know if what they told me makes sense and if there are other options. We had a 9700 before the T7270 and we were able to print on that printer but it was admittedly hit or miss and I'd waste quite a bit of paper before getting one to print the full length. I do have Photoshop and tried to convert the spreadsheet into a jpg and print through Photoshop but I'm not having much success with that either

You need a RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by DYP View Post
      You need a RIP.
      Thanks,

Would you know if RIP is built into any of the Adobe products. I'm in a corporate environment and getting permission to install software that's already on their approved list is much easier than looking at un approved solutions.

Comment

We have regularly run longer than 90" files out of Photoshop to our 9900 without issue. For years I had found forums talking about this limit, but we ran banners that were 12 feet plus many times without a RIP and they worked fine.

You might try making a PDF of the file and then importing it into Photoshop to print. Epson seems to prefer printing out of Photoshop. You probably only need to rasterize it at 300dpi or maybe 240 or even 180.
        Last edited by kdw75; 11-03-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

You can use Acrobat as a simple RIP. Create a PDF of it and then "print as image" in advanced settings to rasterize the output. You can set the resolution there.

Comment

Or get Qimage.

Keith

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
            Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAXeroxChili publish4Over " "DuploAvanti

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7509 users online. 119 members and 7390 guests.

Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

Working...
            X