Mimaki CJV 30-160 or a Roland XC 540

myinger

Hi,

I've scoured the newsgroups and other sources but there is nothing like talking to a live human being who has been there, done that and have the t-shirt.

I'm considering buying a Mimaki CJV 30-160 or a Roland XC 540 and would like to talk with anyone who has experience using either of these machines to print/cut stickers and print posters and maybe even wristbands. We'll be running the Eco (ordorless) ink in both machines. Our stickers will contain variable data so I want to pick RIP software that rips variable data. Any help will be much appreciated.

Mike Yinger, CTO
Print Raffle and Event Tickets - Ticket Printing | 1 Day Processing
406 579 1482

We have an XC 540 and our partner runs a Mimaki (don't know the model though. Their tech looked at our print and said they can only dream about such quality.

How do you plan to print wristbands on it? Which material, how do you do the gluing part? Got any supplier brand?

Hi Smatros,

I haven't found a supplier for wide-format wristbands.

I sure like to talk to you about the quality issue between Mimaki and Roland. To get apples and apples I'd like to know the model of the Mimaki and the settings, e.g., 720x720 8 pass bi with 6 colors. These setting have a lot to do with quality; i.e., either printer can produce different quality printing based on the setup.

Thanks for you reply.

-- Mike

What kind of wristbands are you needing? I am an ASI distributor and I can shoot you info on several vendors that you can contact. Unless you are only doing a few I dont think it is going to be worth doing on your wide format printer.

Myinger, look for New Roland VersaCamm VP300i or 500i. This is your best ink-jet machine in the market, including variable data.
Regards,

We have an XC 540 and our partner runs a Mimaki (don't know the model though. Their tech looked at our print and said they can only dream about such quality.

How do you plan to print wristbands on it? Which material, how do you do the gluing part? Got any supplier brand?

Wow!! really i have used a sp and vp 540 and the CJV-30 as well as numerous other machines and seen a XC 540 in use and there is no way it prints better then the Mimaki CJV-30..Roland still uses the Epson 4 printheads,,where as the Mimaki have the newer and better epson 5 heads not only that but with the Mimaki you get the take up reel included and it prints faster and cuts better then the VP and SP...as well as the XC..infact the only advantage the XC has is print speed and not but much in normal print mode...bottom line bang for your buck the Mimaki is a much better printer..JMHO

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back