Please Help - Epson 10000 Head alignment

Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone could answer a question for me. I have been trying to fix the head alignment on our Epson 10000, by the book, and it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would prefer to try and figure it out without having to call Epson, it will cost an arm and a leg. Thanks.

Re: Please Help - Epson 10000 Head alignment

what's the problem exactly? are you running the test, inputting the numbers and it's not aligned after that?

That is correct. I have tried doing what the book says about 20 times, but there is never a difference in the printouts.

is it obvious that you have print head issues on other printouts you make? I believe that pattern you are printing is designed to always look the same,

Cory is right, it is a print head problem. The solution is not pretty. It invloves lots of money and down-time.
My suggestion to you is to replace the Epson 10000 with an Epson 9880.
The print head tech. is better and the inks will give you much better prints. And all for about the same as the service call and parts for the old unit.

Just joined up, started reading a few posts and this one caught my eye.

I also had problems with my Epson 10000 and the head alignment. I called the Epson support line and they got me in touch with an Epson certified technician. The tech came out and charged us about $1800 to replace the head, and it took 3 hours. That $1800 was the total price of the part and labor combined.

Not cheap, but less expensive than buying a complete new one.

You probably won't be able to find someone who can do it on the cheap. We were told that only Epson certified technicians are allowed to order the part and they are the only ones certified to open the printer up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back