Techsage Spinjet 4000 and RamPage RIP'ing system- Skewing and distortion

prepressjr

I'm looking for insight, opinions or alternatives to using Techsage's Spinjet 4000 with our RamPage RIP'ing system.

Issue: skewing and distortion
Both issues relate to mechanical problems on the device: one directly related to the HP printer (length distortion).
The other issue relates to skewing (which of course relates to the Spinjet arm).
Currently we are using two different Spinjet devices. One is the 1050 Spinjet (which under ideal humidity prints symmetrically, and without any skewing).
The other, of course is the Spinjet 4000, which prints distorted vertically, or parallel to the substrate roll direction, and fails to backup square (there is always skewing).
Techsage's workaround for mechanical shortfalls on the 4000 is a software program called Spinflow.
Anyone see where I'm headed yet? I know you're out there.

You see, Spinflow has the ability to skew and/or distort the problematic side. THIS FIXES THE SYMPTOMS AND NOT THE CAUSE..
Techsage used to support printing backed-up proofs through Rampage. This was Pre-Spinflow.
Now, they do not support proofing to the Spinjet 4000 through Rampage.
Aside from being a bad idea to distort a digital file (which is the exact same file that will be used for plating), using Spinflow is cumbersome and adds an additional step to our once streamlined proofing system.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
JR
CPS Printing

Re: Techsage Spinjet 4000 and RamPage RIP'ing system- Skewing and distortio

How do you go to a SpinJet without using the SpinFlow software?

You can use just Rampage to drive it directly using RTL. I am using SpinFlow which is MUCH better.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back