2D Barcodes

Muddy

I have a customer that is a very big Law Firm. They produce hundreds of sets of Business Cards per month. I need to talk to them about printing a 2d barcode on the cards that will allow someone with a smartphone to scan the barcode that in turn directs them to a website.

Is there anything "special" in this? Or do I simply create the barcode, add the image to the file and start printing? Please point me to somewhere where I can learn

Attachments

• 2d barcode.jpg
    2d barcode.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 166
We printed some of these on our Xerox DC250 a few weeks ago. Client had business cards and leaflets with the barcodes on. We ran a test print first for the client to test scan, and then just ran the job. All worked perfectly.

Muddy,
It is really as simple as you think. Just do a search for QR Code generator and you will find many that are free. Type in the url and it generates the code for you. Most allow you to download in different file formats, depending on your needs and workflow. Drop it in and go.

Greg

Solution to QR Codes for Printers

Solution to QR Codes for Printers

I can provide your business with a simple and full solution to take your clients mobile.

SmartViso allows printers to monetize QR codes, create new revenue streams and improve customer loyalty!

Andy Reimer
smartviso.com
800-385-8476

Last edited by a moderator:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back