477 gsm digital printer

ErnieLail

Have you guys ever heard of a printer that will print 24pt (477 gsm)? I recently purchased a product at the store that looks like it was printed full color laser. I didnt think there was anything out there that could do something this thick.

I believe the Xante Illumina is spec'd at 26pt board but it's the only one I know of, the second thickest from my understanding is the Indigo which is supposed to run 18pt

Look at Convertible Solutions, they have a product called Double Thick 24pt cards. It's actually two sheets with a co-adhesive, pretty neat.

I believe the Xante Illumina is spec'd at 26pt board but it's the only one I know of, the second thickest from my understanding is the Indigo which is supposed to run 18pt

Yes the Xante Production Press will - Also what about MGI? I know you can print plastic cards with them.

The Xante and Intec are re-branded Okidata printers.

You may be able to feed and print the heavy weight sheets, but it will come at a high cost. The imaging drums will take a beating and succumb well before their rated life. Registration at the tail of the sheet will also be an issue. Don't purchase without testing thoroughly and calculating your true cost per impression.

Dave

Check out Convertible Solutions, they have a product called Double Thick. It allows you to achieve the thickness on a "normal" cover stock.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back