A single stubborn clogged green nozzle on Epson P9000

schenkadere

Printer is about 3 years old and used daily, but not heavy usage. I've done all the cleanings possible multiple times. Any suggestions?

If the nozzle checks show the same missing nozzles or if there is any vertical defelection, it's probably a bad print head. Epson has a One-time repair for the P9000 for $1395.00 (get a print head and capping station and maybe new dampers). We've had customers use the P8000 driver, which eliminates the orange and green colors.

Tony

If the nozzle checks show the same missing nozzles or if there is any vertical defelection, it's probably a bad print head. Epson has a One-time repair for the P9000 for $1395.00 (get a print head and capping station and maybe new dampers). We've had customers use the P8000 driver, which eliminates the orange and green colors.

Tony
There's 3 or 4 lines in the green that won't clear with any level of repeated cleanings. We're using a color managed RIP and I need the green.

It's not a clog. It's in the circuitry of the printheads. We bought three of these at the same time, and one by one they developed the same flaw, in the exact same place on the black printhead. Obviously there was a problem in production that Epson won't admit.

It's not a clog. It's in the circuitry of the printheads. We bought three of these at the same time, and one by one they developed the same flaw, in the exact same place on the black printhead. Obviously there was a problem in production that Epson won't admit.
You're right. I sent a picture to a service guy and he said the same. I bought 3 also. So far it's only the one but I'm sure the others won't be far behind, lol.
I contacted Epson and I'm going to take advantage of the $1395 one time service event. I considered just replacing it with a new P9000, but that's still $3000 more.
Did you replace the printheads, or replace the printers?

You're right. I sent a picture to a service guy and he said the same. I bought 3 also. So far it's only the one but I'm sure the others won't be far behind, lol.
I contacted Epson and I'm going to take advantage of the $1395 one time service event. I considered just replacing it with a new P9000, but that's still $3000 more.
Did you replace the printheads, or replace the printers?
We bought a pair of used 9880s. Real workhorses - great machines. The three P9000s are being used as drying racks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back