A TAB Cutter for a small print shop

Nagramos

Hey guys, greetings.

We need a tab cutter for small jobs. Should be easy to use and apply the film to protect the area.

I know Tab Pro from Scott Precision. Also Brackett Inc and Onglematic, but those last companies don´t have the option to apply the film the edges before cutting.

Besides those companies, any other makers you could suggest?

Thanks in advance for any input, and this is what we need to do:

Attachments

• photo7799.jpg
    photo7799.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 257
Why not get pre-laminated tabs and just print on top of them? You have to get specially formulated tabs, but it's super inexpensive, I would never go through the effort of doing all that work unless you are producing several thousand tabs per week.

As a matter of fact, those cutters I think are for short runs tabs. At least in my business, it would be easier and faster print two tabs on a SA3 sheet, half cut and the cut and apply the tab film.

As a matter of fact, those cutters I think are for short runs tabs. At least in my business, it would be easier and faster print two tabs on a SA3 sheet, half cut and the cut and apply the tab film.

???

Or just take the stock out of the box and hit print? I can't justify equipment over simply buying the product from someone else for super cheap and just having it complete without any additional intervention.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back