AB Dick 9920?

lantz_xvx

Hey guys,

A friend of ours who is a letterpress printer came across some print shop in a school that he's helping to clean out. One of the things there is an AB Dick 9920 offset press, and it's ours for the taking, we just have to pay to move it.

Looking at the way it's built, it looks like a Ryobi, maybe something like a Ryobi 3200. The logo, the way the labels and branding are, all the covers, etc, look just like a Ryobi even though it's got the AB Dick name on it. Does anyone know anything about this press? I've looked online but haven't found a great deal of info.

We're considering snatching it up to replace our beat up AB Dick 360. It seems like this press is in a lot better shape and can do all the types of jobs we currently use the 360 for, but with a larger sheet size / printing area. I'd love to hear any feedback from folks who have used one or know more about it. A lot of places refer to its "continuous dampening," but I'm not sure if that means it's Crestline or something else entirely.

Thanks in advance!

- Lantz

The 9920 is indeed a Ryobi 3200. Direct feed etc. When Presstek bought AB Dick Co. They only sold Ryobi products from that point. Interesting story.
We service a few models of this press and they are ok machines. Nothing to write home about. Spring loaded pressures etc. Ryobi copied a 360 and that is how it is. They come with the Ryobi water system or you can get Kompacs or Crestlines installed.
If you get it free…go for it, but hold on to the 360 for backup. We get a few calls for paper feed,sensor and print quality issues.
Good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back