ab dick 9985 / 3302 delivery table constanly going down

fro10987

i have a ab dick 9985 that my delivery table keeps going down when the press is running even with nothing blocking the sensor. had tech out and tested and adjusted sensor but no help. not sure if it makes any difference but this started after i had teh inverter blow out and replaced. the relay test good teh sensor works fine on another press. i am at a loss what else to try. i even pulled the main circuit board to see if i could see any burn marks froma short but looks clean. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Keith

I would assume you know the sensor trips a solenoid on the op side that starts the mechanics in action to lower the table via a pawl/ratchet.
What happens when you pull one wire from the solenoid? Does the table still drop? If not the mechanics are ok.
Ryobi has 2 sensors they used, one is boxy looking and has a POT to adjust it, and one is thin and has no POT.
Let me know what you find out. That solenoid should only turn on when you block the sensor.
The inverter could cause an issue also depending on how it is programmed etc. You tested your sensor on another machine but did you try another sensor on your problem machine?
Good Luck

i have t he sensor with the adjustable pot that you trun clockwise until the light comes on then turn it back 90 degrees counterclockwise. tried that 100 times and yes tried a different sensor on problem press as well as sensor on good press. problem is not in the sensor. i think i might have done something as it seems to be working now. not sure what i did but..... presstek tech spent about 3 hours trying to get it to work consistent with no luck. he left and i ran a job and it quit going down and i had to adjust the pot then it seemed to work. will know in a few days when i get another inverter. seems there is an issue withmy spray powder unit that blew the inverter the first (and second) time as soon as i connected the powder unit to the power outlet it blew the new inverter DOH thinking the infared lamp has a short in it

will post back if & when i get it working right

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back